I Review of Last Meeting
1. What is culture 1 and what is culture 2?
2. Discussion of Martian meets Earthling Role Play
II Reveal Countries for "Breaking Down National Stereotypes" DiscussionIII Symbols, Rituals, Heroes and Values
2. Heroes: Our heroes are
This means that:
1) Our heroes are close to us, we love them.
2) We are easily influenced by close people. We want to trust who we can trust
3) They give love to us, we all receive a lot of love
4) We have courage to do anything we want to do
Discussion of "We go ice skating" :
Preparation for next time:
Please read "maybe we go ice skating" and answer the following on this blog:
1) What were the values of the two groups and why did they conflict?
For meeting 5 we will discuss:
1. Heroes; 2. Rituals, 3. Values
1.Hofstede, G. (2003). Culture and Organizations: Software of the Mind. London: McGraw-Hill 2. Hofstede, G. (2001). Culture's Consequences. London: Sage Publications.
3.G. ホフステド (1995). 多文化の世界 有麦：閣東京
4.Cultural Perspectives in Educational Studies (A141) taught at the Harvard Graduate School of Education by Dr. Kai-ming Cheng
5. Campagnoli, M. (2005). Baka Pygmies: Right of initiation to the Spirit of the Forest. <<http://www.pygmies.info/baka/initiation.html>>
6. Smith, J. (2003). Components of Culture: Symbols, Language and Values. <<http://www.fulbright.org.nz/events/fulbrighthays-projects/smithj.html >>
7. Hofstede, G. Pedersen, P. & Hofstede, G. (2002). Exploring Culture. London: Intercultural Press